both ears hurt while swallowing. Have been sneezing occasionally. Never had strep before. Taking ibuprofen. Treatment?

I am a 50 year old female elementary teacher. It hurts to swallow, both ears hurt - like you want to stick a q-tip in them ( but didn't), when I cough it comes from deep in my chest. I don't have the normal cold symptoms - I'm not stuffed up, but have been sneezing occasionally. Several of my students have been diagnosed with strep. I've never had strep before. I have been taking ibuprofen to deal with the pain.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013