blood pressure is 120 over 100

my blood pressure is 120 over 100 is this serious?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
i am 42 a woman...my physician ordered some tests my bkoodpressure has slowly been going up.. i see my doctor once a month and 3 months ago it was 120/84 the last month 118/94 no this month it was 120/100. i had a test done and i just found out i have elevated liver enzyme. I also have been being treated for hypothyroidism. what do you think?
Insufficient data!!! What is your age, sex, medical history? Was your BP 120/100 once? All the time? Were you standing, sitting, lying, ...and many other factors. However, generally speaking, it is the lower number, the 100, or the diastolic part of the BP that may be a problem. The top part or number of your BP indicates the pressure during systole, or "when your heart is pumping", the 2nd number indicates a more constant pressure your vascular system is under, and 100 is indeed high. Who took this BP? With the right size cuff? Listen, your BP changes all day long , don't freak over what may be an isolated incident. Then again, it would be wise to monitor this situation via your MD, who can of course then take appropriate steps to help.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.