anxiety?

I have had trouble sleeping and falling asleep the past month due to my fear of intruders. I am in a two bedroom apartment with a roommate but my roommate works a lot and is almost never home at night, so i am left alone. This is where my problem starts.. i am very scared just sitting alone in the living room and feel the need to constantly keep looking at the doors and locks to double check. I also imagine noises that i know cant be real but sound so real to me. Then just recently i have been wakin myself up out of sleep to the sound of 3 loud, hard knocks on my door yet when i get up to check theres no one there. These knocks sound so real and scare the hell out of me, most of the time causing me to not return to sleeping. i dont know what to do.. please help!

Asked On : Fri, 12 Feb 2010

sorry for late reply.

But your symptoms appear to be of OCD. you should take homoeopathic medicine Aconite 200 single dose once a week at night.

take care,

Dr. Rooma Ramnani

Anonymous's Response

Hi.. You symptoms sounds like one due to obscessive compulsive disorder.. It is one of psychological disorders.. You need to consult a psychologist and with treatment you would find improvement... Hence get to the psychologist for evaluation and treatment..