Zit on ankle, not puncture hole. Should I fear it?

My wife has a small 1 centimeter cit on her ankle, directly below the large ankle bone on the inside of the foot angled towards the heel. Its that fleshy part the size of a nickel/quarter. I can tell how deep it is. She s not even sure how it happened (she drilled through a pipe and was running to shut off the water main, may have kicked the drill....its not a puncture hole....its a a 1 cem line, hard to tell how deep. No insurance.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

You don't need to worry, it probably is an injury wound and will heal with a scar within a few days. Wash thoroughly and apply antibiotics regularly. Do not rub off any scar tissue please as it will only delay the healing. I hope your wife has an early recovery.

Take care and have a lovely day !