Yogurt should be avoided when they have colds (mucus) is this true please?

Does yogurt irritate colds (causing more mucus) Mum of 8 month old twins My 8 month old twins both have colds and coughs but they love their daily yogurts. I read somewhere that yogurt should be avoided when they have colds (mucus) is this true please?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011
yogurt has nothing to do in causing cough & cold unless some one is allergic to it. And as far as allergy is concerned it may happen with any thing whether it is food/cloths/environment/ drugs ect.

Some people are sensitive to certain foods, which may cause or aggravate there complaints. Like cold yoghurt may cause cough in some, or icecream may cause sore throat, but it doenst happen to evryone.

If your kids are taking yoghurt comfortably since a while, then there is no harm in givin it. Provided that its not frozen and is fresh.

Also, warm water, warm drinks, steam inhalation will help loosen mucus and relive cold & cough.

For recurrent infections you can give them homeopathy , safely.

Dr.Anshita Singh Rathore

For enq-