Yellowness and soreness near teeth. Had a surgery. On amoxicillin. Will I be okay?

I had surgery 3 weeks ago and now have a cut from when the tube went in my mouth. It has gone yellow and is very sore and is making my teeth above it on the bottom right hand side very sensitive and painful also. The sore is under where my tongue lays. I have had 2 courses of amoxicillin and they did not help. My go has now given me doxycycline . Will this help ?? And is there anything else I could do to help myself ?? Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013