Yellowish vaginal discharge after unprotected sex. Treated for yeast infection. Could this be STD?

Im 18 and i had unprotected sex last weekend in a lake. a few days later i started itching really bad down there and i noticed a thick cottage cheese like discharge . i have gotten treatment for a yeast infection cause thats what it looks and feels like (I ve had them before). i used the treatment yesterday. and today the discharge was like a really thick yellow color. there is no odor. could the yellow discharge be the medicine? cause i asked my mom and she said it could be some kind of STD . I ve been doing research and i haven t seen any std s that look or match yeast infections let alone my symptoms.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012