Yellowish discharge from the eye due to infection. Surgery advised. Second opinion?

I have the problem in my right eye. It got infected. In right eye lot of yellowish discharge and watering is going on. As per invetigation, I found that my right has bottong 5 mm soft blokage and top has 13 mm hard blockage. Doctor suggested surgery has to perform to brek the blockage. I just wanted to know how typical this operation. One more thing I wanted to know can I use Systene and MO - 4KT drop both together.
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012