Yellowish bruise on the lower leg after a strain. Need to put ice again? Have mild swelling

I strained my calf 2 weeks ago. I have yellow bruises on my lower leg when I wake. I ve been slowly stretching but avoiding pain and leg exercise (some moderate ex er is, as a triathlete, limited to mellow stationary bike). I can now walk relatively comfortably, but not fully pull up my toes. Should I still Ice? Where, the pull was right below my knee and the yellow is at the base of the calf. Little swelling is apparent. Should I massage and stretch at warm or cold?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013