Yellow scab, pus filled on contact with water, scraped knee, bleeding. Should I remove the scab?

My scab is yellow and when I get a shower, it turns pussy. It looks like it s healing people say I need to take it off and a better scab will heal over. Is that true and what should I do and is there anything wrong with my cut? Btw I fell and scrap my knee and just under it bad against the asphalt. The scratch underneath already scabbed blood red scabs, but I was concerned of the other one pls help.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012

Please leave the scab untouched. It will heal by itself.

There is not anything wrong with the cut. What people say about taking off the scab is false.

Get well soon.

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Praveen Tayal's  Response
A yellow colored scab is a healthy one if there is no discharge of pus from beneath. It is likely to fall off on its own without any treatment. Once a healthy skin covers the wound, the scab will fall off.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal