Yellow scab on nose, pus filled, redness, white heads, soreness, no peeling. Is it staph infection?

Hi, yesterday I woke up with a yellow-ish scab on the right side of my nose. It is not inside, but runs along the opening of my nostril. I will admit I picked at it yesterday and it produced a clear liquid after the scab pulled off. However, today when a small piece fell off (by itself- I have stopped touching it completely) it produced a yellowish-pussy liquid. It has also gotten larger, extending along the ala and down the columella. It is a group of large scab-ish sores, all very yellow/gold in color, not the black/red of a regular scab. I had absolutely no indications the night before besides some minor soreness which I thought was a developing whitehead. My question is could it be staph infection? Sun poisoning? Or what?
Some important things to note: I usually get scabs on and inside my nose after having a cold, but this is not similar and i have not had a cold or used tissues on a regular basis in months. Also, I recently got a very minor case of sunburn (approx. five days ago) but it went away by morning and caused no peeling. I play on a sports team as well and interact with them on a regular basis.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013