Yellow discharge from left nostril, cold, headaches at night, pain behind head. Related symptoms?

Hi, I ve been having sudden yellow discharge from my left nostril when I lay my head down. It s a large amount of liquid that has come out but I feel fine and I m not sick other than getting over a recent cold . Recently though I ve been seeing my doctor about a nightly headache I was having which was localized in one , touch sensitive region on the back of my head. I have no clue if the two are related but they don t seem to be.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013