Yeast infection, distinct odor, white cottage cheese like discharge. What treatment and medication should I take?

I m seventeen years old and I have had a yeast infection for over a year now. I have told my mother but she was never in any rush to take me to the gynecologist and still today is not. I have had all the symptoms associated with having a yeast infection. The only thing that is really distressing and has never left is the distinct odor and the white cottage cheese like discharge . It is very uncomfortable and embarrassing can you please tell me what i need to use in order to get rid of the yeast infection. There are so many creams and pills that i m unsure what would be best to get rid of this horrible thing..
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012