X-rays show hip dysplasia. What are the chances of child recovering from surgery?

Hi. My name is Jarred and I am 30 years old. I am pursuing an international adoption, but before I finalize the process, I want to get her examined by an orthopedist. We got Xrays which reveal bilateral high-dislocation hip dysplasia -- we think. The femurs are about 5-6 inches above the poorly developed sockets and her femoral heads my also be underdeveloped. Before we complete the adoption, we need to make sure that she will be able to recover from any surgeries she may have. Our minimum standard is that she will be able to walk and be physically independent rather than being bound to a wheel chair or in constant horrible pain like from early on-set osteoarthritis or in an out of hospitals the rest of her life. What chances would you give this 4 year old girl, who walks, trotts, waddles, runs, plays and is in no apparent pain or discomfort otherwise of recovering from surgery? email YYYY@YYYY Thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012