X-ray taken without using the lead protective cloak. How harmful is it?

Hi. Thanks for being here. I just had a full- mouth set of x-rays in prep for implants. I was scandalized when the x-rays were taken without the use of the lead protective cloak which was adjacent and readily available. The technician seemed unconcerned but I reacted and continue to think there was a failure of trust. She had committed a breach of my safety, so I thought, and I found that worth reporting to the authorities. Am I wrong? She seemed to think it was unnecessary but this was a full array, a full circle of the head. The neck was exposed completely.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012