X-ray shows bony mass on femoral head, painful, hot sweats, flushes. Cancer possible?

Hi I ve had a problem with my hip for over ten years. Today I ve had the results of an x ray and they say I ve a bony mass on my femoral head at the front in my groin . I ve been referred to an orthopaedic consultant in two weeks. The pain has increased dramatically over the last four weeks. I ve been experiencing hot sweats and flus es five times an hour worse at night. This could be my age I, Im 47. I ve had a sickly sweet body O Rourke for about three years.. I ve had no weight loss , good appetite . I walk alot. Im really worried it may be cancer .. I know I should wait but can you tell me if its a possibility? I ve taken large dose of steroids over my life as I am asthmatic with moderately severe bronchiectasis .. Kind regards Tracy
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012