X-ray showing a knee fracture after an accident. Taking celecoxib for swelling and pain on the knee. Normal?

almost three weeks ago, i met an accident while riding in a bike. i was moving so fast going down when i overshoot on a large drainage on the side of the road and it gave my left knee a small fracture (according to the xray ). it is getting better now and i can somehow walk on my own though i still didn t give it much pressure. but my concern is the swelling or what we call knee effusion . i m putting ice in it once a day for 30 mins and taking up Celecoxib (as prescribed by the doctor) the pain is almost gone but the swelling doesn t seem to lessen (or maybe just a little bit). is it normal that until now it still swells a lot?
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012