X-ray showed pleural effusion in lungs. Taken Mahacef for typhoid. TB negative. What is wrong?

Dear Sir, I am 28 yrs old married female. On 8-Aug-12, I was down with sorethroat and fever (ranging from 98-100F). The blood test revealed that my SGPT was 58 and thus my family doctor concluded that i am suffering from Typhoid and started with Mahacef for 5days. After consuming Mahacef on the first day, my menstruation cycle stopped. Even after 5 days the fever had not subsided and I started feeling breathless . On subsequent X-ray revealed that there was pleural effusion in my left lungs. Upon tapping nearly 2Litres and 700ml of effluent was removed. The doctor had a started FORCET kit assuming that it could be due to tuberculosis. However further blood test revealed that i was negative for TB and no malignant cells were found. Can you please guide as to what are possibilities of things that might have gone wrong with my body and lungs. Also since FORCET tablets lead to swelling of urinary bladder, i have stopped taking them. Also the reports of pleural effusion revealed that ADA was higher ie 78. What does that indicate?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012