X-ray showed minimal PTB. Saliva test negative. What does it mean?

sir gud day.. i just want to ask if whats the best thing to do if i had a result of minimal ptb , undetermine activity? in my xray result then after i saw the result i go to doctor to check may saliva to confirm that i rally had this virus but the result is negative..what does it mean? ur response is very much appreciable,..thanks
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Jan 2013
Let me explain your query one by one.
As such there is no term regarding "minimal PTB". If you are suffering from PTB then it should be considered seriously as untreated PTB may spread to any organ of your body.
Saliva is never checked for PTB; its sputum which gets examined by specialized doctors.
Patients who have negative sputum for AFB is less infectious as compared to sputum positive AFB.
You should go for complete hemogram and ESR for better clarification.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist/ chest physician and should go for treatment for 6 months.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava