X-ray post weeks of pneumonia treatment showed prominence on right lung. History of smoking. Alarming?

I was in the hospital in July for the treatment of pneumonia . I was supposed to have a follow-up x-ray month later but came down with a bad cold that lasted a week and a half. I kept putting offf getting the x-ray but, after much prodding from my doctor, I went this morning. The drs. office called an hour ago and said I had a prominence on my right lung and to get another x-ray in two to four weeks. With the exception of a four and a half period of not smooking, I have smoked a pack a day for the last thirty years. Should I be worried about this? For me,not knowing is worse than knowing.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012