X-ray post fracture showed small chip bone from tibia, feeling of swelling over chip. What is the remedy?

Good afternoon, I would like to ask you a question. I am 43 female, 2 months ago I had fallen in bathroom and broken 1/3 lower tibia and fibia in my left leg. I had surgery, 1 steal rod and 8 screws. X-ray film after surgery shows a small chip bone from tibia, it looks loke a trap door open. Dr. said that the bone are growing well and this small bone is live and no problem with it. After 2 months from surgery Dr. allowed me to walk with 2 cruches for 1 months then come back to make X-ray again. I do not fell very pain but when I touch my leg, I fell a swallen in this place where the chip is. Do I have to have 2nd surgery to fix this problem or it may cause slow healing? walking with lim in future ?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012