Wrist swelling followed by numbness and tingling on one side of the body post lifting heavy objects, history of broken neck. MRI showed irregularity between vertebrae. What could be the cause?

Dear doctor, on Friday before Easter I had to move office. I did not do much carrying as I had a broken neck 30 years ago and was warned against carrying. After two hours my right wrist swelled up and without taking to much notice I carried on for another hour. The next morning my right side of my body was numb and tingling from the waist to the right hip up to the shoulder back to the neck. MRI s from head, neck and spine. The spine has only shown a Irregularity between 6-7 vertebrae and the numbness in the right hand side of my face has gone, while the numbness in the right hand side of my body stayed as from day one, sometimes painful, but in any case dabilitating. What could be the cause and do you suggest I do? The Dr is not being very helpful. Peter stein
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012