Wrist surgery done. Getting headache with fluctuating BP. Any suggestion?

A month ago I fell on ice and broke my wrist which required surgery. My life long healthy blood pressure .. now aged 69, suddenly shot up as high as 229/107. The hospital put me on medication prior to my release. My blood pressure continued to drop, particularily the systolic rate,,, and returned to the healthy range of around 120/62 and even lower. I discontinued the medication to see if it had stabilized without meds and it did for about a week. Then I woke in the middle of the night about a week ago with a sort of headache I am beginning to associate with elevated pressure levels and I became so dizzy I ended up lying on the bathoom floor for about 20 minutes until I felt I actually walk back to bed. A blood pressure reading at that time indicated 186/86. Since then I remained back on the medication, with blood pressure gradually declining but somewhat unstable. I seem to be stressing and reactive to loud noises and every one else s stress levels, I am attemping to get some physical activity but due to snow and ice conditions and a casted broken arm I rather limited with what I can do physically at the moment. This blood pressure thing is truly scaring me though, I can work at keeping my own stress under control, but it seems like I cant stop reacting to the stress of others around me,,, Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.... and yes I am seeing my physician, but as I cannot drive with the broken arm, evening asking someone to drive me is stressful.... Claire
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013