Wrist pain when applying pressure. Hurts to bend wrist forward. What might be wrong?

My wrist hurts when I putt any kind of pressure, such as: push-up position, turning the doorknob, pushing off the table to stand up, even simple resting my head on my hand during class. It hurts when I bent it forward more than when I bend it backwards. It hurts on top of my wrist and somewhat on my hand as well. Do you have any idea what might be wrong?
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012
The pain in your wrist is likely to be due to an inflammation in the tendons of the area. You can take a mild pain killer and do a hot fomentation of the area for relief. Getting it examined from an orthopedician will be helpful.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal