Wrist pain due to a vein running towards the index finger, erupts due to unconscious movements, difficulty in holding, relief on massaging. Cure?

Hello Doctor, For about almost 3 years now I get this awful pain in only in my right wrist . Certain unconscious movements cause this pain in this one vein along the side of my wrist running upwards to my index finger . I often have to bear with it or use moisturizer and massage it for 15 mins. at least for it to go away. I teach and cannot write on a board or hold a pen or type on a computer when this happens. What is this condition and why does it keep happening. What can I to prevent it? Thank you very much in advance. Regards. Anjana Cherian
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012