Wrist pain after fall. Swollen thumb. Applied ice. Unable to rotate thumb. Should I go to hospital?

I just took a fall outside and threw my hands out to stop myself, I hit full force on a concrete slab. I didnt hear any popping or cracking but my right wrist was in instant agony. After a few minutes the pain was there and i was able to get up. As I went inside my wrist was still hurting considerably and i noticed that my right palm near the thumb is severally swollen and and has a slight discoloration. I put ice on for 30 minutes and then off for thirty minutes, I then notice that there is a bruise at the base of my thumb. I am unable to fully rotate my thumb and the thumb looks like it is a little crooked but the thumb itself doesnt hurt. When i feel my wrist it can feel something sticking up just below my thumb on my wrist and the pain is throbbing up my forearm . I am unsure if I should go to hospital for a waste of time but i cant even type i am using my index finger only because I can fully bend my thrumb.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012