Wrist pain after blood test. Will this go away with time?

I got a blood test a few days ago, and when the lady stuck in the needle, i felt a very very shapr pain run from the point of entry, all the way down to my wirst. I didn t say anything to her, but i told my doctor about it the next day, as the first night sleeping with it, i extended my arm/ wrist to stretch and felt it again ( only in my wrist ). He didn t say much, other then it must of come close to the nerve, but it has been maybe 3-4days now, and i am still getting sharp pains in my wrist when i bend it a certain way, or at one time picking up something sort of heavy. Will this go away with time, should i get mediciation for it, could it be serious nerve damage?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012
Welcome to HCM
Normally blood is withdrawn from cuboital fossaa,where superficial vein is there and no injury to any other tissues occurs.
In your case may be ligament or nerve? may have come in contact of needle so some discomfort is there, usually this should go away with time and nothing serious occurs in such cases.
If it still hurting a local hot fomentation and/ simple paracetamol tab may help to recover fast.
Avoid lifting something heavy for few days.
You will be OK soon
Good Luck.