Wrist injury. Report shows displaced fracture through the mid scaphoid, avascular necrosis. Suggestions?

Hi, I stumbled upon this site looking for anwsers about my wrist injury. Any help would be much appricated :-) I injured my wrsit at work the 1st week of January. I work as a nursing assistant, and thought I had hurt myself providing personal care with a resident who is extremely contracted. I saw the Dr shortly afterwards, who perscribed a spica splint to be worn 24/7 for two weeks. I returned to her after a week as my pain was getting worse and I thought perhaps due to the splint. She said another 2 weeks in the splint and off of work. Soon after I was referred onto hand therapy through WCB who said that I had a scaphiod -lunate sprain . I saw the hand therapist 2 a week for 4 weeks. She did some ultrasound therapy and a few forced stretchs to try and improve mobility, but it wasnt getting much better so she sent me back to the dr for a referral for an xray. Turns out my wrist was broken, the following is my report - the date of injury at the point of this report is actually 9 weeks No prior studies . The patient has a displaced fracture through the mid scaphoid with radial displacement and ulnar angulation of the distal fragment. Significant articular step deformity at both the radial and carpal sides. There is sclerosis of the proximal pole of the scaphoid which indicates developing avascular necrosis . Cortication of the fracture margins in keeping with the clinical history of injury 4 weeks prior. Maintained scaphoid lunate interval. Now I have been referred to an orthapedic surgeon, as the amount of avacular necrosis will not support healing on its own. As well, the workmens compensation board is questioning how I could have broken my wrist at work doing my normal duties. The Dr thinks it looks like an old break, but the radiologist seems to state that it is consistant with the injuries. I have another 2 weeks till I see the specialist and this is really bothering me - any help would be much appricated! Sincerely, Melissa
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013