Wrist cut, swollen, put ice. Does not hurt, tender to touch. Is it infected?

i had a small cut on my wrist yesterday while working with a utility knife....played voleyball last night...and looked at my wrist after a few games....and it had swollen...i massaged the swollen part and it knocked the swell dow...i put ice on it ...anf this morning..its not as swollen as it was yesterday..but im scared.does not hurt..only tender to the it infected.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Tenderness on touching indicates early infection.I would suggest you to consult a physician who will be to dress this wound and may prescribe antibiotics if needed.
Hope this ansswers your question.