Wrenched knee after trauma, sharp pain, hinged brace around the thigh, knee OK but ankle and leg swollen. Any suggestions?

I fell and wrenched my knee about 9 days ago. No swelling on my knee but if I twisted it or leaned wrong very sharp pain. I kept off of it for the most part for a few days. When I did walk I put an elastic brace around my knee. Then I got a hinged brace. It might have been kind of tight around my thigh. I ve worn it for about 3 days during the day. I sit mostly at work. Knee is feeling somewhat better but my calf is very painful. I think it s from using muscles I m not used to with this injury. Now my ankle is swollen and my leg is also a little. I m putting ice on my ankle and calf in the evenings.
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012