Wound that wont stop bleeding. What can I do about this ?

I have a cut on my lower back, just around the waist line that wont stop bleeding . It was a little over a year ago that this area began swelling, i think it was from my belt or something, and I was doing sit-ups and it got cut open. I went home and figured it was nothing and put on a band-aid. Now, over a year later, it is still swollen and bleeding. Its not as bad as originally, but it hasn t gotten any better for about 11 months. What can I do about this ? I am 21, male, have no history of cuts that won t heal, I am on no medications, and have no major medical issues in my past. I really don t know what to do anymore and really don t want to go to a doctor, as I don t have my own health care plan... please help.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011
Homeopath 's  Response
hello dear, u can get u blood sugar checked, diabetes is one of the reasons for delayed wound healing.u can visit a homoeopath, will really help u out.
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
you are having a bleeding wound for a year and it seems that you have not consulted doctor yet
it is better you consult doctor soon
you need clinical examination and some tests to know the exact nature of the wound
hope you recover soon