Wound in the shin, no bleeding, swelling around the wound, warm, applied antiseptic cream. Infection?

I suffered a large abrasion on my shin (roughly 4 x2 ) this past Saturday. I have kept it clean and have applied an antiseptic ointment, but I have not kept it covered as it has not been bleeding or moist. I now have swelling on my shin below the wound. The wound is slightly warmer than the surrounding tissue , but not hot. Is this a sign of a serious infection that should be treated by a doctor, or can I simply keep cleaning my wound and applying antiseptic ointment?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012