Would washes help to cure itch in vagina ?

what could you use to prevent itch in the vagina area?....would washes like summer s eve help?
Asked On : Tue, 13 Sep 2011
Hello maria;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
See if you have any discharge associated with itching.The reason of itching in vagina can be infection so it is better that you get examined by a Gynaec and get prescribed medicines to treat the infection.
Psychiatrist Dr. Alok Ranjan's  Response
proper antibiotic used locally or oral antibiotics for severe cases may eradicate the problem.
General & Family Physician Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale's  Response
To avoid vaginal itching -
_one should have good hyginic habbits ,keep vulvul&vaginal area dry.
- always wipe from front to back after bowel movements
-do not use doush.
-wear white cotton/hojiary panties. never use tight nylon panties.
-use warm water ,glycerine soap for bath.
-do not use bubble baths/fragrances ,they may lead to dry skin.
Avoid using cortisone creams available on counters, they may break the skin&worson the condition.
-if thera is white discharge it needs local &oral medicines to be taken by both partners,with dr's advice.
-Diabetese,menopausal,premenopausal conditions need expert advice.