Would ciprofloxacin help with a sinus infection ?

would ciprofloxacin help with a sinus infection
Asked On : Mon, 6 Sep 2010
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. Ciprofloxacin (quinolone) can be used but is not the drug of choice in sinus infection.
2. If sinus infection is mild, Amoxicillin is reasonable and good, unless one is resistant to it.
3. the treatment will be good for acute sinus, but if sinusitis is chronic then apart from managing sinusitis, treatment has to given to reduce the inflammation of nasal passages so that infection can drain from sinuses.
4. make an appointment with ENT or Otolaryngiologist for further evaluation and treatment.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
Ciprofloxacin may be drugs of choice for sinus infection in this regards. But Best to prefer Ayurvedic Herbal preparation for reoccurent/chronic/Acute sinus infection better therapeutic results. Some products available in the market are Tab septillin is very helpful
steam inhalation if possilbe meditation
avoild dust,smoke, too cold
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Manish Rijhwani's  Response
Ciprofloxacin is doubtful but Azithromycin will definitely help with inhalation of Cap.Karvol plus in hot water