Worsening ankle pain after sprain, took Cortisone injections, no help with pain. Any opinions ?

Hi, I am having worsening ankle pain over the last eight weeks. I have no real injury but a bad sprain 10 months ago. I started noticing pain and it increased. 6 weeks ago I saw a foot and ankle specialist and he diagnosed it as peroneal tendonitis . He gave me a cortisone shot and a walking boot and told him to see him in 3 weeks. When I went back the pain had worsened and he sent me for an MRI which showed no tearing. I saw him 2 weeks ( a total of 5 weeks since the first appointment. He gave me two cortisone injections one in the peroneal tendon and one on the top of my ankle where I have been having a lot of pain. After the injection the pain was so bad, but I know that this could be attributed to a cortisone flare, however it has not subsided in 5 days. I am supposed to go back at week 7 for two more injections. I feel like none of this has done any good since my ankle hurts worse than it did when I originally saw him. I need to know if this sounds like the right treatment plan? Also what questions I should be asking when I see the doctor again, to make sure that I am really being heard. Also should I get a second opinion at this point? The other thing the doctor said was that if after the second round of cortisone injetions if it didn;t get any better he would put me in a cast. Should he do this earlier. At this point I can barley walk and pain killers are how I get through the day. I feel like I am just managing the pain not getting any better.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013