Worried about my 2.3 yr son speaking very less. Any suggestions

My son is 2.3 yrs till he is speaking very well He is understs, listens well and some poem s to be speal done. but after 2.5 to presently he is speaking very less. He is understands, listens well and speak very less, he is continue to second problems for loose motion . after medicine some days still but again repeat problems for eg : only mumma, papa, etc. but has not so much fluency. please suggest us
Asked On : Tue, 23 Nov 2010
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic.
By 21/2 yr a child should usually speak in a sentence, able to follow commands and may sing a poem.
If your child is just speaking bi syllables then he has a mild speech can try to encourage him to speak to other kids while playing or better, send him to playgroup, since sometimes kids learn best with other kids.If persistent this problem requires consultation with a speech therapist or atleast initial consultation with your pediatrician.
Hope I have answered your query.