Worried about having AV malformation. Trouble with veins when trying to get IV started

Yes, thank you. I recently had surgery to remove PIP breast implants, and during the prep for surgery the nurse tried to get the IV started and had trouble with my veins (which used to be awesome) anyway, the anesthesiologist came to take over and tried what he thought was a vein in my right wrist and had trouble also as I screamed and he continued to try... then my thumb was on fire and as he removed to needle he stated: wow, you have an av malformation...i ve never seen one in my 27 years...we learned about them but I ve never seen one and then it was lights out and now I m scared after reading about well it s been quite painful ever since
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012