Working continuously on laptop, feels sleepy, shaky and blanks. What should i do?

Hi My name is Al-Arish . I am 21 years old . I am a professional freelancer . Sometimes I work on my laptop for 3 -4hours with no break up . Last week I worked on laptop 10 hours per day . And from the starting of this week I am feeling something strange in my head all the day . It s not headache , but I am feeling like head dozing, like my head is shaking a little bit and I am feeling blank a little bit too. Specially when I look at the laptop monitor I am feeling it more. What should I do ?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that there is no ned to worry about your current symptoms as they do not suggest any serious neurological disease.

However, you need to observe certain precautions while working on laptop.

Every half an hour, you should move your neck in all four directions a few times.

Every 45 minutes to an hour, you should get up and take a few minutes walk around.

Make sure the height of laptop is in line with your eye, and you need not bend down to look at the screen.

For relieving your symptoms, you may take betahistine tablets.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: