Working continuous night shifts, feeling sleepy at night, straining myself to stay awake. Health hazards?

Hello Doctor, My age is 34 years. I am working in a BPO sector. For the past 2 to 3 months I am working in continous night shifts, starting from 6:00 pm to 4:00 am. After 12:30 pm I feel sleepy, but somehow I strain myself and manage to complete my working hours. I want to know whether the night shift jobs are applicable to the human community. Do any health hazards will happen while working in continous night shift works? Please tell me any advisable tips to overcome the hazards faced by the night shift works. The tips which the night shift workers have to follow.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012