Woke up with weakness in hands and fingers, soreness in underarm. What could it be?

My husband woke up after being asleep for about 3 hours last night. Both arms were very weak and his hands and fingers would not work. They remained this way for at least 6 hours before they began to improve. I had to button his shirt and pants this morning. He also said his legs felt weak. Now he says his underarm muscles are sore! When I checked his pulse , it was 125 beats/min. He looked pale but insists this was caused by the way he was sleeping. What could it be?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013