Woke up with fever, chills, & nausea. Why is there a knot near butt?

Friday morning I woke up with fever , chills, & nausea . The right side of my butt cheek was hurting. I went to doctor & he said I had kidney infection & sinus infection . She gave me Cipro. I didnt mention my butt bc I thought it was the psyatic nerve. Later that night, the pain was extreme. I have a large knot under the skin on the inside of my right butt cheek (crack). Size of an egg. No head, like a boil . Its Tuesday & it s still there. Heat helps some, but not much. I do not want to have surgery. I do not have insurance. What could this be?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012