Woke up with fast heart beat and sweating. Could this be due to a heart murmur ?

Hi, I m just 17 years-old and one day I woke up in the middle of the night gasping for air with a fast heart beat, and I was also sweating. I was scared because I felt like there was not enough air for me to breath in my room, so I headed straight for my window to try to open it. A few 5 seconds later or so I calmed down and didn t open my window because I was breathing regular again but my heart was still beating fast because I was really scared. Later on that morning I thought it could have been a bad dream but I couldn t remember anything. That was about two or three years ago, and about a week ago I went to the doctor and he told me I have a heart murmur or something like that. Then about four days ago it was hard for me to breath whenever I walked. That happened for about three days, but now I feel all better. Is it something serious or should I just not go to the doctor and spend money on what he might just tell me that it s nothing that I should worry about? And I also wonder if what happened to me about two or three years ago have to do something about the heart murmur that the doctor told me about?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012