Woke up with bruise on the back of knee and leg. Can it be bulging out?

i woke up with a bruise on the back of my knee , right leg. the bruise appears to be a clean vertical line that is somewhat curved and about an inch long. it is very very dark purple / brown. there are lightly bruise blotches around it and the entire bruise does not hurt at all except for the top of the bruise, in a small specific area. in that small specific area it feels as if something is bulging out. i do not recall anything that had to be the cause of this bruise and it is pretty bad.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012