Woke up from a bad dream. Feeling something hit on head. What is causing this feeling?

I woke up the other morning from a bad dream As soon as I woke up I grabbed my head, it felt like I just got hit with something.. I looked around but there was nothing that could ofhit me or that has fallen I went and asked my whole family if someone had hit me while I was sleeping but they all said no Its just weird that of happen after a very bad dream.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Dear Marissakellough44
Did you have any residual headache or any other neurological complaints post that episode? Did that symptom recurred? These are the red flags that should be ruled out before saying that episode was benign. If there were no further symptoms then more likely it was a nightmare and nothing else. Please do see a sleep physician if you have any of the residual neurological symptoms.