Within how much time of dogs bite should treatment start ?

Latest within how much time of dogs bite should treatment start ? I was bit by a stray dog, today mornin , on rght side of upper thigh. But there is no saliva touch of dog, no bleeding , no scratch but some itchiness/irritability on the skin as i was waering thick jog pant ? i washed the area with savlon and betadine
Asked On : Sun, 20 Feb 2011
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It is best to get the shots as early as possible within 24hrs.however if there is no wound or bleeding just clean the area with antiseptics as first aid and( if that dog is in your locality you can observe for salivation or rabid behaviour of the dog).if its just rash and no bite wound then you need not worry further if any minor scratch present you should visit a doctor.