Withdrawing from Cipralex, been on lexapro, started cipralex. Will destroy my brain?

I am withdrawing from Cipralex , 10mg. Have been on Lexapro for nearly 15 years and moved to Canada- the doctor here started me on Cipralex. It was 20mg, but, not helping me so I decided to get off of it and cut it in half for a year. I am having what appears to be (by other posts on here) classic symptoms of withdrawl. I am taking St. Johns Wort as directed for a week now and have been 3 weeks off the Ciprolex. How much time does it take for me to feel like myself again! Have these doctors destroyed my brain with all this medicine??
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013