Withdrawal symptoms after being off Lexapro, brain zaps, anxiety, anger. How long will it stay ?

I have been off Lexapro for 16 days now, and my withdrawal symptons seem to be getting worse. Trying to find a clue as to how long I should expect this. I have been on the drug for over 8 years and went from 10mg to 5mg for a month, then was told to stop altogether. My doctor told me to go back on the drugs a couple of days ago, if my withdrawal symptons continued, but I really don t want to if I am nearly at the end of this nightmare or sadness, brain zaps, anxiety , angry at the world and almost suicidal thoughts.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012