With pregnancy ruled out what could be the cause of missed periods post rigorous physical training sessions ?

I am a female athlete that trains rather rigourously. During my season I don t get my period at all. None of my teammates experience this, should I be concerned? Also, I am not nor have I ever been sexually active, so there is no possible way for me to be pregnant .
Asked On : Sun, 6 Mar 2011
Homeopath 's  Response
hello dear, u must visit a gynaecologist, since this is due to hormonal changes, and will surely affect ur health, in latter life.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
you dint mention you are married or not. Are you having some contraceptive history if not got the sudden cesation of periods.This is not normal. i suggest you to visit gyanae specialist for diagnosis of your problem accordingly
Dear, Welcome to Healthcaremagic!
The problem you are facing, though not being suffered by any of your sports colleagues is quite NORMAL & common. This is because of training & associated hormonal & slight weight as well as stress levels. You should NOT be much concerned; still for more reassurance, you may consult your sports doctor or a gynecologist. Good luck.