Wisdom tooth extraction, swelling, occasional pain, clear pus and blood from gums. What should I do?

Hi, I had my wisdom teeth extracted 5 days ago, and most of it is all better except for my bottom right one. It is still swollen and will occasionally ache. What bothers me though is that if I press lightly on that cheek (which is swollen) clear pus and blood ooze from the gums on that side. My dentist isn t open on weekends (and definitely not at this hour). What is it and what should I do?!
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Dentist 's  Response
welcome to HCM,
i hope, you have taken your medications properly before and after the extraction. if not, than , it may be the reason for the same. do not touch the place and avoid eating from that side as well. all these symptoms are showing the infection in progress. take warm saline gargles or beta-dine gargles. visit the dentist asap.
thank you
Dentist Dr. Gunjan Gupta's  Response
as you gave the detail about your problem,it seems that there is infection in that area.did you take your medicine before and after the treatment?and one more thing, did you follow all the given instructions given after extractions like-do not smoke,do not touch that area again and again,do not take hard food from that side for at 2-3 days etc. properly i will suggest you please go back to your dentist as soon as possible and go for the complete examination done.and please follow all the given instructions properly.till that time do warm saline gargles and do not press that area again and again.
nothing to get worried.
take care
Dr. Gunjan Gupta
Thank you for your query.
I will advice you use mouth wash, avoid for first day eating with right side of your mouth and mandatory after each meal clean your mouth from food particles. If you have minimal bleeding and pus present then it is possible start infection( as you stated you have occasionally pain, swelling ) and you definitely need antibiotic therapy with anti-inflammatory/analgesics drugs, but this will decide your Dentist and tomorrow is middle of week so I believe you can make an appointment.
Good luck and take care.
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi welcome to HCMForum. Due to infection the pus has formed and swelling resulted. it didnt respond to
the present treatment. So if your dentist is not available in a day or 2 better consult a surgeon for
treatment. when your dentist comes consult him. if removable sutures are given he will remove the
sutures. thank you.