Wisdom tooth extraction, IV insertion, lump on vein, bruised, scar tissue, hematoma. What is going on?

Hello, I had a wisdom extraction about 5 1/2 weeks ago. I was sedated by the IV the dentist inserted in my arm. I noticed my vein had damage which is common from an IV insertion. It was a little hard and of course bruised. I expected the swelling to go down by now. Instead, the lump which is the width of my vein has slowly moved up about half an inch. It has increased in firmnessand aalmost feels like there is a tube almost an inch long in my vein. When I press on the lump it moves and feels like there is an edge to the lump at both ends. I have received bruising after pressing on it. When I bend my arm or flex my bicep it feels like its pushing against my bicep. I am a phlebotomist and draw blood mainly on geriatrics for 7 years. I've seen veins with scar tissue and hematoma, but never anything like this. Also my veins are very prominent. Could there be debris or something left behind from the IV?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013